Tissue-Tek O.C.T. The compound is used to rapidly embed fresh tissue samples for frozen sections using a cryostat. Tissue-Tek O.C.T. The compound is a formulation of clear, water-soluble glycols and resins that provides a solid matrix to encapsulate tissue samples and adhere to the sample holder for uniform cutting at a cryostat operating temperature of -10 ° C and below.
Unwanted background staining is removed as no residue remains on the slides during staining.
O.C.T stands for optimum cutting temperature. The high viscosity of the Tissue-Tek O.C.T compound results in quick-freezing for optimal section quality.
OCT Compound is sold in 4 oz (118 ml) squeeze bottles; 12/box.
Features & Benefits
- Water-soluble resins and glycols
- No background spots
- Tissue remains on the slide
- High viscosity
- Holds and holds tissue in place for quick insertion
- Fast freeze for fast response time (TAT)
- The clear and consistent resin formulation
- Provides an even cut with minimal sectional curl